চাকরী/কাজের এপ্লাই করার সময় নিচের ভুলগুলো কোনভাবেই করা যাবেনা।
Do not make one of the following job application mistakes
Not getting a call back after you apply? Maybe you’re making one of these common job application mistakes…
Mistake #1: You applied but didn’t follow up
Mistake #2: You sound generic on paper
Mistake #3: You didn’t research the company before applying
Mistake #4: You didn’t use keywords and strong verbs
Mistake #5: Your resume isn’t formatted correctly
Mistake #6: You didn’t match your resume to the job description
Mistake #7: You haven’t quantified your contributions to your current and previous employers and highlighted the ones that are most relevant to the position you’re applying for
Mistake #8: You are only applying for jobs that you meet 100% of the requirements
Mistake #9: You are “overqualified” and didn’t give enough explanation about why you are applying for the job
Mistake #10: You didn’t clean up the things you should have cleaned up! We are talking about social media, pictures, email addresses, public records, personal websites, etc!
It’s tricky to give general advice to the question, “why am I not getting a call back”… because it obviously will vary from person to person… but checking for these common mistakes and fixing them before you submit your resume is a great place to start!
Common Mistakes Found in Job Applications
- Misspelling Your Name: Misspelling your name is a sure sign to a potential employer that your job application is sloppy, so make sure that your name is spelled correctly every timeyou use it on your resume, cover letter, and any form you fill out.
- Misspelling the Company’s Name: A hiring manager might take offense that you didn’t take the time to spell the company’s name correctly. Check the company’s website for the official spelling of its complete name and use that in your application.
- Incorrectly Addressing the Cover Letter: If there is a contact name in the job description and you still send your job application addressed to “Hiring Manager,” there’s a good chance you won’t get an interview. If nothing else, it demonstrates that you don’t pay attention to details or didn’t read the entire job posting.
- Not Following the Instructions: Make sure you follow all the instructions in the job posting. Is your application due by a certain date? Don’t send it in late. Do they want materials in PNG format, not PDF? Convert your files. Read the entire job posting to the very end, then read it again (and again). Sometimes, employers add details at the very bottom to ensure you’re paying attention and can follow instructions. You never know when you might be asked to include the word “banana” as part of your cover letter!
- Poor Grammar: Of course, you know the various usages of “their,” “there,” and “they’re,” but if you’re filling out a job application quickly, there’s a chance that you might slip and use the wrong word. The thing is, bad grammar skills can cost you the job because it reflects poorly on your ability to proofread your job application.Even if you’ve read over your cover letter a bazillion times, take a 15-minute break (particularly if you’re applying for a job that you really, really want), then sit back down and review your job application for any potential grammatical errors before clicking send.
- Leaving Things Out: Make sure you include all the requested information and fill out all the required fields. If you’re not comfortable with some of the questions, there’s often a “prefer not to answer” option. Not including the information means you’re sending in an incomplete application, which makes it more likely you won’t be selected for an interview.
- Submitting the Wrong Materials: You know to submit a customized cover letter and resume every time you apply to a job—one that’s tailored to the role and the company. Often, that means including keywords from the job posting, specifics about the position, and the company’s name. And you also know you should use your name as part of the file name (like First Name Last Name – Resume).
এখনো আপনার মনে কোন প্রশ্ন আছে? অথবা আমাদের থেকে কল পেতে চান?
তাহলে নিচের ফরমটি পুরন করুন, আমরা আপনার সাথে যোগাযোগ করবো, ইংশাআল্লাহ! আপনি আমাদেরকে ০১৭১৬ ৯৮৮ ৯৫৩ / ০১৯১২ ৯৬৬ ৪৪৮ এই নাম্বারে কল করতে পারেন, অথবা ইমেল করতে পারেন firstname.lastname@example.org এই ইমেলে, আমরা আপনাকে কোনভাবে সাহায্য করতে পারলে খুশি হব, ধন্যবাদ ।